Dressing for summer season might be tactical but there’s no place for sloppy attire. So how should a man dress for corporate meetings, summer events or office? Here we will discuss some guidelines that will help you to stay cool and look stylish in the hottest season of the year.
Today’s men have a wider range of options when it comes to formal or semi-formal attire. While you choose the material for your suit, look for linen/ cotton blends since this prevents your suit from losing its shape and still look elegant. Never ever make the mistake of pairing natural fabric with polyester or rayon shirt. Natural fabrics like Linen mix best with other natural fibres. Modern day men are more competent in wearing vibrant whites, pastel greens confidently.
The Summer Suit
Suits are an essential element of a man’s wardrobe but one suit does not fit all seasons. In order to get the best possible suit, you need to pay attention to its construction – the material, cut and style. The construction determines the texture, weigh and breathability that will make it comfortable. The material is vita since light-weight fabrics and loose-weave allows air-flow and helps your skin to breathe which minimizes the heat.
Fabrics for Summer Suit
Wool or Cashmere suits are suitable only for winter since they keep you warm. During summers you need to replace them with light-weight and breathable fabrics that minimize the heat without compromising the appeal.
- The Linen Suit: The most popular fabric during summer, linen is obtained from flax plant. Office Linen has natural textures and visible weave. Linen tends to wrinkle which adds to the charm. If you opt to wear linen suits to office, you might want to choose linen blended with cotton or wool, that way you can look professional and prevent the wrinkles. For traditional and designer linen suits, you can check the collections at Linen Club.
- The Cotton Suit: This is extremely summer-friendly and most popular among those who want a refined casual look. While being stiffer than wool, cotton keeps you cooler. Cotton suits are available in many soothing colours but you can be adventurous while choosing your colour.
- The Seersucker Suit: The seersucker has gained popularity over the last few years. An unique cotton fabric, seersucker offers options for business suiting without compromising the style factor. The only warning is – seersucker is extremely casual and may not be accepted as formal wear.
- The Fresco Suit: The multiple yarn and high-twisted wool pattern with open weave makes the fabric breathable, airy and durable. The fresco suit looks extremely classy and elegant due to its crisp feel and look.
- The Chambray Suit: Chambray, a.k.a cambric is a cotton fabric that is glossy, comfortable and perfect for summer. A close cousin of denim, chambray is very strong and sturdy.
Modern day designer suits are available in summer fabrics that look fabulous and stylish. A number of designer brands like Aditya Birla Linen Club have introduced linen suits that are ideal for office wear as well as casual occasions.