When it comes to classy, sophisticated and comfortable dress materials, few types of fabric can rival the qualities of linen. Apart from the regular linen suits, shirts and jackets for men, various types of stylish women’s and kids’ dresses are also made from this fabric. If you are an admirer of linen, you will surely find the following facts about it interesting:
- Source – Linen is obtained from the flax fibre. Since the fabric is available naturally, its extraction does not cause any adverse environmental effects.
- Initial usage – The usage of linen fibre can be traced back to nearly 4500 B.C. Ancient Egyptian mummies were generally wrapped up in linen, to keep them intact over centuries.
- Quality and softness – Unlike most other textile fibres, linen dresses actually become softer and more comfortable over time. They get wrinkled rather easily, but the sheer pleasure of putting on linen dresses goes on increasing.
- Anti-allergic nature – Linen cloth is completely anti-allergic in nature, and do not cause any type of skin irritations whatsoever. Hence, they are also often used for making underwear and lingerie items.
- Resists static electricity – The presence of flax fibre in linen is instrumental in keeping the levels of static electricity in check. Even blended linen outfits help in keeping down static electricity.
- Linen products ‘breathe’ – Moisture can easily pass through the permeable surface of linen. Since adequate moisture is always retained, linen fibre always feels cool and comfortable.
- Keeps body temperature lower – Speaking of comfort, did you know that wearing linen clothes can keep your body temperature around 4 degrees (Centigrade) lower than what it is, when you wear clothes of other textile fibres? Perspiration levels remain low, minimizing the chances of wearer discomfort.
- Linen resists harmful solar radiations – You can stay safe from the harmful gamma radiations, when you put on linen dresses. This, in turn, makes them ideal to be worn on bright, sunny days. When you buy linen clothes from renowned stores, like any of the outlets of Linen Club, you can rest assured that the material will have this feature.
- Usage in other household supplies – Linen is also often used for making table-cloths, bedcovers, and other useful pieces of household cloth. That’s right – it is not only an apparel fabric!
- Durability and strength – Linen cloth easily scores over other popular textile fibres, like cotton and silk, as far as durability and longevity is concerned. In fact, linen is considered to be the strongest vegetable fibre ever.
- Linen clothes help to sleep well – The bodily cells receive a soothing effect, when you don linen nightwear. The same goes, when you lie down on linen bedsheets. The result? Better, more sound and more refreshing sleep!
- Use in American currency notes – The US treasury also uses linen, in its dollar notes. Each dollar note is made of paper that has one-quarter of linen content.
- Linen keeps out dust, dirt and toxic chemicals – When you wear linen clothes, you are not likely to get affected by external polluting agents. What’s more, linen cloth can be easily cleaned too – making their maintenance over a long time, a clinch.
- Recyclable in nature – The linen fabric does not degrade the environment in any way. It can be easily recycled and reused, underlining their eco-friendly nature.
At Linen Club, linen is sourced from the flax fibre of the finest quality. You can discover the entire range of linen products, at any of its outlets across India.
Didn’t these facts intrigue you just a little bit more about linen?